Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Altecs on ebay

  1. #1
    Junior Hostboard Member Rvito's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 12th, 2004
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    24
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    There are 3 sets of Altec 19's on ebay. I have never seen this many at one time on there. forums

  2. #2
    Junior Hostboard Member conductor's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 4th, 2003
    Posts
    29
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I like the stands uner this one:

    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...sPageName=WDVW

    I would put my monoblock amps under each one. That would keep them out of the way and would keep the cable run to just inches. Does anyone here with 19's have such stands?

  3. #3
    Hostboard Member Tranquil's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 20th, 2005
    Posts
    69
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    The Model 19 is a hot topic here. People who own them observe that trend and decide now will be a good time to sell.

  4. #4
    Senior Hostboard Member just me now's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 17th, 2004
    Posts
    230
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I have seen other stands about the same height, but htey were wood -- matched to the woodgrain color....

    I have never seen stands in advertisement photos tho, I am unsure if this type of stand is OEM or not.....

    good Q tho.....

  5. #5
    Inactive Member Altec19's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 21st, 2003
    Posts
    306
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I think the stands locate the horns much too high for listening from a seated position. Maybe if you enjoy your music while standing up. forums

  6. #6
    Inactive Member bsafirebird1969's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 7th, 2004
    Posts
    4
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Exclamation

    the stands are not Altec ..
    i have seen this done, tho, in studios that used to run Altec's ...19's , 604 variants. etc ...

    not a good idea for home ...

  7. #7
    Senior Hostboard Member Art J.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    August 1st, 2004
    Location
    Connecticut USA
    Posts
    238
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Post

    I'm surprised you guys like your woofers low.
    Ive always liked them up for a larger sound stage
    and give them elbow room. Am I missing something?

    I'd like to get my 9846's even higher and use the base
    as more interior cu-ft.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.